What is Google One?
The revamped version of Google Drive paid storage.
Several benefits of sharing YouTube premium services and monitoring kid’s activity.
You can get Rs 300 of Google Play credit to buy games, apps.
Google One is a mix of three things – Gmail, Photos and Google Drive.
In addition to that you have extra benefits.
Though Google One and Google Drive are similar in meaning, they have a few differences.
If you already have Google Drive paid storage plan, you automatically upgrade to new Google One plan.
Google One Benefits
- Google Drive is a storage service, while Google One is a subscription offering custom services.
- You get extra storage with Google One.
- 100 GB is the minimum storage you get with Google One.
- You can store high resolution photos in Google Photos as more storage is available.
- Change of storage plan is possible.
- Usage with Google Drive does not change anything. So you will not loose anything in your existing Google Drive account.
- Call or chat with Google experts regarding its products and services.
- In addition to that, when you search for Hotels in Google Search, you will get up to 40% off.
- As a free Google One user, you can back up data on your Android phone.
- Free up space in your Google Drive account using storage manager.
- Unlock additional features like expanded cloud storage.
- Share Google One with up to 5 additional family members + you = Total 6.
- Create Family groups.
- You can add or remove members with Google One subscription.
- Share Google One plan with the rest of your family members.
- You can keep your files private even when you are part of Family Group. Privacy maintained.
- All family members can get support from Google Experts.
- Share your Google One subscription for FREE with your family members.
- Member benefits vary by country.
- Google One is available in several countries. – https://support.google.com/googleone/answer/9080668
- Recover accidentally deleted files using chat with Google Experts or Google Trained people.
- On Android, using Google One app, you can back up your photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, and more.
- Manage your storage plan on desktop and Android.
The following will count towards your storage.
- Gmail – Messages and attachments, including items in your Spam and Trash folders
- Google Drive – Most files in your “My Drive” including images, videos, raw data files etc. Items in your Trash. But, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Sites storage not counted.
- Google Photos – If the photos and videos stored are of “Original” size, they will be part of Google Drive. But if they are of “High” quality, then its unlimited storage.
Can i share Google One Storage with Family?
Yes, you can do that as Family Manager.
All the 6 members of the Google One family can share 100GB or 200GB storage.
Each individual member can have privacy to his files.
Google Play Music, Pass, Calendar, Google Keep services for Google One members.
Google One Membership
You can add up to 5 members of your family. Share entertainment, files, images, videos and many others with your family members.
- Create a Google account for your kid and monitor their activity.
- YouTube Music Premium is a feature of Google One that can be shared with your family. Ad-free music, Enjoy offline and when their screens are locked.
- YouTube Premium Family plans. No ads, downloads and background play.
- YouTube TV can be used to stream different channels and TV services. These include ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and popular cable networks.
- Purchase games, apps, movies, TV shows and books in Google Play Store. Then you can share them with your family using Google One.
- Google Play Music is another rich feature which can be used to stream music with ads and shared with family members.
- Google Play Pass can be used for thousands of games and apps. No Ads. Family administrators can share up to 5 family members.
- Simplify and share your Google Drive Storage under one umbrella. 100GB or 200GB or other plans can be shared.
- Google Keep helps in features like reminders, shared lists and notes. Whole family can have access to them.
- Spend less time planning and have shared access to your Google Calendar. Keep track of your family activities like picnics, movie nights and reunions.
- Stadia experience for kids can be checked. Privacy and Security settings help monitor their children activities.
- Google Assistant can be used to find photos, reminders, to-do lists, documents and share among your family.
How to add Member to Google One Family
- Go to this link – https://one.google.com/settings to manage family settings.
2. Click on “Manage“.
3. Another page opens. Click on “Create Family group“.
4. Invite Family members to your group.
5. Add the email addresses in your Contact list. (Max. you can invite 5 members)
6. Click on “Send“.
7. The Family Manager will get an email, when the family member accepts your invitation.
8. The Family Member has to click “Accept Invitation” sent to his email.
9. Click on “Get Started“
10. Click on “Join Family“.
11. As a Family Manager, you can see the list of family members.
12. You joined <Family Manager’s> Google Family group – The member will receive another notification that he joined the group. He/She will have access to Google services for families.
Google One Family Settings
Other things that you can do as a Family Manager are the following.
- Family Management.
- Invite family member
- Parent access code
- Notification settings
- Delete family group
- Recover a child’s account
In certain cases, the kid or parent may not have access to the Internet.
Also, you may need to unlock your phone or remove your Google One account.
In such cases, the family manager can send a “parent access code” to the kid’s phone.
It is like a verification code to find a lost phone.
Discount in Annual Plans
By default each family member will get 15 GB of storage for each person.
In addition to that the remaining Google One paid storage can be shared between the remaining 6 members of the family.
Once you are comfortable with Google One storage, you can change to yearly plan.
As it can be seen, if you buy an annual plan there is a discount of 2 months.
This can be taken after you have tested your current plan for one month or above.
You can also upgrade to a higher plan depending upon your need.
But later if you find that lot of storage space is wasted, you can also downgrade your plan.
These are the premium benefits with Google One for users living in specific countries like US, UK etc.
It is not yet clear whether you have to make an add-in purchase for these benefits or not.
But the above features come as family benefits.
With YouTube Music Premium family plan all members can enjoy their music ad-free, offline and when their screens are locked. One can share purchased games, apps, movies, TV shows and books with their family members, even if purchased on one device.Reminders, Shared lists and Notes are part of Google Keep which can be used to share ideas and keep all the family members in the loop. You can create a Google account for your kids and check their browsing habits to be safe and secure.
Google Drive to Google One – Upgrade Plans
Before using the paid storage of Google One family, the default storage for each person will be taken into account.