How to Change Your Google Name in Laptop
Gmail is the most common email address used in many countries.
First Name, Last Name and some other details are required, when you create them.
To display the right name, you need these details to be perfect.
The correct information will always suit your business and personal needs.
When you have a Google One account, you can easily identify yourself as a member with this name.
But many cases, random name is given. This often asks for change later.
As the email id becomes the face of your Google Account, it should reflect your original name.
You want to change the name in Gmail many-a-times.
There are certain restrictions to how many times you can change this name.
So on a second note make sure that you are making the right decision to display the correct name.
G Suite also provides business email and many websites have their own custom domain email.
Why Gmail Name Change is required
The email address associated with it cannot change.
Gmail is the most preferred way to create it.
In certain cases, you feel that your brand name should be different from your regular name.
It is for better marketing and brand awareness of your business.
As email marketing is so important in 2022 also, your name shows your website name.
When you link up your email with influencer brand, it gives more security among users.
Since it is a very important parameter when using emails and other services, it should clearly define your objective.
The below post will talk about on how to change your name of Google, after you have created it. This can be done on different devices.
This help content will guide you in the right direction.
How to Change Google Name in PC or Laptop
- Open the following link – https://myaccount.google.com/
- Sign-in is required with your username and password.
- If you are already signed-into Gmail account, then click on the Profile picture at the top right.
- A small pop-up opens. Click on “Google Account“.
- The next page will contain different settings of Google Account (it is nothing but your Gmail account).
- On the left-hand side, you can see different google services.
- Click on “Personal info“.
On the right-hand side of the page, click on “Name“.
If you are already using this Google account on your mobile phone, a notification will be sent to your phone. You just have to click “Yes” on it.
Otherwise, you can use another option on the same page that says “Use password or other options“.
Another page opens with several options like –
- Tap Yes on your phone or tablet
- Enter your password
- Use your phone or tablet to get a security code.
- Since, I’m working on the PC, I selected the “password” option
- You should enter your Google Account password on the next page.
- Then you will see your name of your Google account with a pencil icon (edit) at the end.
- Click on the edit info.
- Another page opens with “Change name“.
- Here, you can see your First name and Last name.
- Change the name to your required liking and click on “Done“.
You don’t need to change your email address. With these details, everybody can see your official name. This is mostly useful if you are using your Gmail account for business and official purpose. You can also receive feedback on the change, by asking one of your colleagues to report if he has seen it.
How to Change Gmail name on Android Phone
- If you have selected the “mobile” option, then click on “Yes” of the notification displayed on your phone.
- You will get a message “Sign-in approved”.
- Go to settings in your Android phone by clicking the “gear menu icon” at the top.
- Scroll down to find Google > Google Account
- On the next screen, tap on the “Personal info” tab.
- Under “Profile” tap “Name“.
- Sign-in may be required or you need to confirm the “screen lock”.
- Sometimes you may get an error message that something is wrong. Keep trying
- Then enter your password to sign-in if required.
- Next, your “Name” with the pencil icon (edit symbol) is displayed.
Tap on the pencil icon to click edit info.
- You will get the familiar screen “Change name“.
- Enter the required details and tap on “Done“.
In these days of mobile, you can also have a profile picture attached to your account. This makes sure that the authenticity of your account and Gmail stays safe.
It is easy to change your Google name more easily on mobile then PC. The best way is always to use the account settings. The gear icon should easily identify these steps. The display name is more important to your friends and relatives on a personal note.
You can also make use of the Google or Gmail app to make these changes. The help center will also point you in the right direction. The profile photo is where you can start to look for the settings.
How to change your Google Name on iPhone
In iPhone or iPad, the process is similar.
- Open the Gmail app on your mobile phone.
- Tap Menu > Settings > your account > Manage your Google account
- Otherwise, you can enter the following link in your browser address bar – https://myaccount.google.com/
- On the top, tap on “Personal info“.
- Under “Profile“, tap on “Name“.
- You should see the familiar edit icon, as above.
- Follow the remaining steps as above.
That’s it, your Google Account name will be changed to your required details.
Name : If you created your account more than 2 weeks ago, you can change your name up to 3 times in 90 days. If you created your account less than 2 weeks ago, you can change your name more often.